» Toys R Us, I guess it's time to grow up
Tyrailius
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

I don't want to grow up, cause maybe if I did...
I couldn't be a Toys R Us kid!

A part of my childhood officially died today. I guess it's time to grow up, I can no longer be a Toys R Us kid. So long, Geoffrey. 😢😭

user posted image user posted image

It definitely sucks to see a big staple of my childhood go away. I remember making special trips to Omaha and Lincoln when I was younger with my parents so I could show them which toys I liked. My parents would then purchase certain toys for presents with money my Grandparents gave them for my birthday's and Christmases.

Growing up, Toys R Us always felt special. There was nothing like finding that toy you had been searching for. The searches and treasure of finding that "rare" toy were always memorable. It is sad to know future kids will not get to experience that. Granted, there are other places to purchase toys, but Toys R Us will always hold a special place in my heart.

When I moved to Lincoln in 2015, Toys R Us almost became a haven to me. Being in a new city without any friends or family was intimidating at times, but Toys R Us was always there. I made almost weekly trips there the first few months in my new city. It was fun and nostalgic. Most of the times I wouldn't even purchase anything, I would just get lost in the wonder of childhood.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Rangers1998
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Putty
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 1,001

Many people are blaming Amazon and the high prices at Toys R Us for the closure. They completely miss the point. Toys R Us used to be a special destination for many of us. There were no shoes, clothes or other junk. If you went there, you knew exactly why you were there. You were there for the toys! A giant store of just for kids. Sure, many products were cheaper online. There is always an advantage of buying in person and knowing exactly what you are getting. Heck, even returns are easier in store than online.

When I was a kid we had Saturday morning cartoons. We had special things just for kids. All of this seems to be disappearing for the youth. Where has all the magic in the world gone?

This post has been edited by Rangers1998: Jul 15 2018, 03:30 PM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Universal Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll