» Hooking up NES/SNES/Sega Genesis
Tyrailius
 Posted: May 7 2017, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

I am currently looking for help on how to hook up a Nintendo, Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis to a HDMI Vizio flat screen television. Unfortunately, my Super Nintendo hooked up to my friends television in Lincoln, but the composite/component outputs do not work on my television. It seems like the only way these systems would work is with some type of composite/component to HDMI converter.

I have checked Best Buy, GameStop, Gamers, Walmart, Shopko, Target, FYE and all the local gaming shops and none of them seem to have converters anymore.

Do any of you know how to hook up an older gaming system to a newer TV? I used to haul around an older television while living in Lincoln for the old games, but that just became too much of a hassle and my current living situation doesn't have any room for an older television.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Dasidreidia
 Posted: May 9 2017, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 14

This is what I use. It has 8 inputs, so everything I have except for the Steam Link goes through this into a single HMDI port. It's a little pricey, but I feel it's worth it for the convenience. It even automatically switches to whatever input it detects signal from, so when you turn a system on, it switches to that input.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008VWG...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are some cheaper ones just for composite to HDMI, so those could also be something to consider.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Gaming | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll