» Linkin Park Frontman Found Dead
Tyrailius
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Link Park lead singer, Chester Bennington, was found dead in his home near Los Angeles this morning. Bennington was 41. His death was by apparent suicide.

Bennington helped Linkin Park become one of the most successful bands in the 2000's. Linkin Park's debut album, "Hybrid Theory" was one of the best selling albums of the 2000's. Six million copies of the bands second album, "Meteora" sold in 2003. Linkin Park became Billboard's No. 1 act of the 2000's for both rock songs and alternative music.

I was shocked when I heard the news this morning. Linkin Park was a cornerstone of my teenage years and Bennington was one of the many voices of my youth.

I wonder if the lyrics in the music video "Heavy" are how Bennington always felt. "Heavy" was another No. 1 hit by Linkin Park and it was released just this year. Linkin Park had so many top songs that it is hard for me to list a favorite. Rest in peace, Mr. Bennington. Your voice will live on.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
^
Dasidreidia
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Rita Repulsa
Group Icon

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Tyrailius @ Jul 20 2017, 07:19 PM)
Link Park lead singer, Chester Bennington, was found dead in his home near Los Angeles this morning. Bennington was 41. His death was by apparent suicide.

Bennington helped Linkin Park become one of the most successful bands in the 2000's. Linkin Park's debut album, "Hybrid Theory" was one of the best selling albums of the 2000's. Six million copies of the bands second album, "Meteora" sold in 2003. Linkin Park became Billboard's No. 1 act of the 2000's for both rock songs and alternative music.

I was shocked when I heard the news this morning. Linkin Park was a cornerstone of my teenage years and Bennington was one of the many voices of my youth.

I wonder if the lyrics in the music video "Heavy" are how Bennington always felt. "Heavy" was another No. 1 hit by Linkin Park and it was released just this year. Linkin Park had so many top songs that it is hard for me to list a favorite. Rest in peace, Mr. Bennington. Your voice will live on.

There was an interview with Mike Shinoda where he talked about a conversation he had with Chester and the gist was that Heavy was very much how he felt. It reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold with Fiction. That was the last song James Sullivan wrote and sounded a lot like a goodbye.

Anyway, I also was a huge fan. They were one of my favorite bands, and I've spent tonight listening to their music and remembering how much they got me through. Even to this day, listening to them is extremely cathartic.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
Raised By Wolves
 Posted: Jul 22 2017, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Squatt
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 979

I was surprised when I saw this on the news the other day. Their albums got me through many crappy high school days. I really hope Chester found the peace he could not get on this earth. He and his art will be missed.
PM
^
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Music Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll